Saturday, December 2, 2017

Sidney Lathe

Today I did a trial assembly of the apron.  After reviewing the disassembly video it was clear that the halfnut lockout pin was missing and the forks on the rod associated it were not aligned properly.  Could be it was taken apart in an attempt to get it working and failed.  There was not way to fix this without cleaning the gears which mandates a total apron teardown.



I am still confused regarding the clutch. The green paper is making the gray paint look greenish.




My friend Chirpy on Paul's Garage explained to me that the clutch know is left hand threaded and to engage the clutch you back it off pulling the two clutch halves together.  Thanks Chirpy.

Polished the wheel for traversing the carriage along the bed.   Was too tired to do anything that required brains.  Started with 100 grit and worked my way down to 2000.   Could not find any buffing compound.  It may look better with this satin finish.




No comments:

Post a Comment