Saturday, August 18, 2018

Zombie Labs Looks at my local sand, is it volcanic ?

Introducing a new group of vids "Zombie Labs".  The first video  is a work in progress and I will not make it public on YouTube  until it is finished.

In this the first I compare my local sand to play sand.

Although it is not yet in this video it looks like my local sand may have come from Mt Capulin in New Mexico not far away.

"     The color of basalt is usually gray to black with weathered flows having a dark brown to reddish rust color. Common minerals are plagioclase feldspar, pyroxene, and olivine, and less commonly biotite, hornblende, magnetite, hematite, apatite and quartz.  Basalt flows commonly form rough terrain, very difficult to cross with horses, that the Spanish immigrants called malpais"

Sounds about right.  Need to toss it in the oven and see if it melts.  Thinking not or it would be sticking to the aluminum.




No comments:

Post a Comment