Monday, July 2, 2018

MIlling table update

After running the reverse electrolysis at 2A for a day I have switched it over to 6A.  But it would not hold the current.  Kept cutting out so I put the 10A charger back on and the amp meter read about 5A.



What the table looked like today.





My initial thinking is that I could duplicate the tailstock base by using it as a pattern.  After pulling it apart to examine the base it may be better to make a wood pattern due to draft issues which would need to be patched with body filler.  Maybe better just to make a new pattern more specific to the table based on the tailstock design.

I have made a similar pattern for the mill electronics base plate but it will be better to start from scratch.

One issue I have to deal with is how high to position the table above the lathe bed.   Initial inspection has me thinking I want the table to pass over the saddle.   I may loose a bit of milling height but it should enable the cutters to reach further across the milling table.

If you are wondering what is up with the mill I will tell you.   At this point the plan is to use two nearly identical sized pulleys to get the correct speed at the spindle.   The belt will ride on the motor flywheel rim and a slightly smaller pulley on the mill.   Initially I will try to run it without V grooves on the flywheel.   The flywheel is 6 inches and the mill pulley needs to be something like 5.8 inches.  Need to 2X check that.  Also need to check the gear reduction on the mill.  I have seen 2 conflicting numbers.



No comments:

Post a Comment