Saturday, April 7, 2018

The lost is found and other random bits.

A month or two ago I moved things between shops to make room for the lathe.   In the process I mistplaced my square aluminum casting crucible. a mold pattern,  a new set of silver and demming drill bits, and a numbered drill bit set.   A few days ago I found the crucible and today both drill bit sets.   The magic key was cleaning the shop.

I have been thinking about motors to power the versaMil attachment.  The one HP motor I purchased for the sand processor is too heavy as is a 3/4 HP I have on hand.    Current thinking is to use a DC thread mill motor which will also give speed control.

When I first assembled the lathe the cross shaft was OK.  It seems to have gotten worse.  I don't know if that's do to repositioning the lathe itself or something else.   Iphones have apps that record vibration.  Plans are to use it in an attempt to better balance the counter shaft but maybe I should get new belts first.




No comments:

Post a Comment