Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Machining the 10 inch Master Mill Pulley

Started machining the pulley today.   So far I have finished the one side. Happy enough with the finish and centering given I have not yet replaced the lathe's power feed and I did not use the 4 jaw chuck.



Here cleanup has ben done on the other side.   Cut the riser off with a parting tool but here is still a stub that can be faced off if it is not needed as part of the hub.   There are a few spots where I did not machine down past small areas of shrinkage.  This can be done if desired after it is a working part.  The same goes for cleaning up the six holes.

EDIT : A Mistake :  I chucked the pulley by the hub on the flat side.   It was too close to the center and would not stay in alignment especially with cardboard shims between the chuck and hub.   Live and learn.

Now comes the important stuff.  Cutting the hole and keyway along with cutting the rim down to size



No comments:

Post a Comment