Sunday, June 10, 2018

Motor for the sand snake ?

Yeah its sort of weird to bring this up when I am so close to first chips on the Master Mill. But someone mentioned them on "Paul's Garage" and I figured it would be a good time to look it over. Now that the motor I bought for my sand processor has made my lathe happy I need to find another motor.   Dug out the pool pump I stashed.   Its 115V 3450.      Have to pull the pump and  other plastic off it to see if its an enclosed motor.  I doubt an open frame motor would last long in this application.    If its enclosed I will think about speed reduction or keep looking.
Free does have merit

I was keeping this pump for pond use.  They are not especially efficient pumps energy wise.   The idea was to use it as a booster pump to increase the flow over a water fall when desired.  Aka viewing and impressing friends and neighbors.   To that end I will be trying to use it without unreversible modifications and store the pump parts for later use.



No comments:

Post a Comment