Sunday, December 17, 2017

MM8 Identified and more work on the headstock cover


Spent most of the morning refining the edges and to some degree shape of the headstock cover.  I figured I was about done with it but did not like the way it looked.  Lines were already blurred the factory Japannig. What can I say.

The lip along the bottom of the cover was filled in.   Rather then remove lumps of iron they just japanned over them.  So I filed em off and lowered the surface in places.   On the right you can see a flat spot, shrinkage maybe.  Going to add some bondo the smooth the curve.




The MM8 is a VersaMil aka VersaMill.com.  Thanks to Chirpy for that id.  Prodded me enough to tear it down for cleaning.  The top nuts and ball crank were in the evapo rust.




Found one on ebay for $2K with more accessories.














No comments:

Post a Comment