Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Sidney Photos, Painting the Bed

I have to ask myself why I putting this much time into the paint job?   Can't rightly say.  maybe because I can.   Maybe because when its done I will feel better about it if it looks good.  Maybe I just love rabbit holes.



Applied bondo over primer.















Sanded bondo and added glaze to a few imperfections.  After sanding the glaze it looks about the same as prior to adding it.


The bondo was then spot sprayed with primer.
Sanded the tailstock end of bed and primed it.  No images. 

Both legs now have a coat of primer over the Japanning.   It takes days for that first coat and the Japanning to dry.  The first application of Citric Strip takes most of the pain off.  Then you wipe what with a petroleum product, I use Kerosene.  Not a good thing as the Kerosene and any additional application of stripper makes the Japanning mushy.   Need to work on this process.

Went back over after dark and painted the front of the bed.  



December 13


A few days ago I stripped the paint from both sides of the bed.  Flipped the bed over, sanded and primed it.



Also primed the headstock casting and its cover.




Done for tonight.














No comments:

Post a Comment