Thursday, February 12, 2015

CRISIS: Blogspot account problems.

My ISP is migrating its customers from google apps to regular google accounts.  My blogs are now owned by a new account but not the images.  Google has a method in place for transferring them but it fails with a 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR.  Posts on the web indicate this can happen if there is not enough storage space on the destination account but this is not the case.  Others say it just fails to work at times.

The plan is to backup all the accounts to local zips using googles tool to do so
https://www.google.com/takeout/?pli=1,   That will take days or even a week.  Once all the files are safe I can try to construct a single working google account.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015
I requested that google zip my images and am still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment