Tuesday, January 13, 2015

MTD 137-332-078 aka Twirp

I purchased this little tractor from the the same guy I got the last briggs from. The first images are as I found it.






After arriving home.




It is surprisingly complete.  I wonder if the other front wheel rim looks as good.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015


It is cold outside so I made a video.

It turns out that the battery is called a powersport the same type as go putz uses.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

I yesterday I rebuilt the carb, cleaned the gas tank. and replaced the fuel lines.  It still did not go.  It was not cranking fast enough so today I rebuilt the starter. That did the trick.

It is still on the crude side with not throttle or choke cables that work.  But tomorrow I am going to take off the deck and test out the variable speed drive.  If it works I will keep it.



Monday, January 19, 2015

After making the above video I took the tractor for a 1/4 jaunt.  The engine ran great but the transmission did not respond to the lever.  To be useful the tractor needed more then 1 gear ratio.

After pulling the deck I could see the belts were rags and the moving CVT pulley was not moving.   This was too much so at this point it officially became an organ donor.

The engine is going into go-putz the RM1332 soon to become a RM1132.  It could be a bit underpowered and I would like to keep the RM original so when I get the 13HP fixed the 11HP will come back out.  But for now it makes one less tractor on the disabled list.

The front axle will be used to fixup the busted 4 wheel garden cart.

In hindsight this was a good experiance.  It would have been more fun if I could have saved the tractor but I did end up with a good engine and front axle for my cat.

Unless I run into another similar MTD this will be

THE END:  MTD 137-332-078

Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Instead of using the engine yesterday I traded it for a 2nd Briggs 31P777  complete with plastic.  This is a 200hr engine that started pumping oil out everywhere.  That engine will be rolled into the blog for the first engine.




No comments:

Post a Comment