Shortly after I got started the neighbor came over and asked me to dig a foundation for her room addition. The backhoe blew a hydraulic line with just 4 feet left. We finished off the AM with a trip to the carwash.
The good news is that all the compressor parts have been clean enough to access their condition.
This table should make it easier to keep track of the bits. All the parts except for the body and one piston are on the table..
I am continuing to clean parts. One of the rod journals must have been oil starved or had something get into it that lightly grooved it and the crank. With luck emery cloth or wet/dry sandpaper will clean it up. Rods can be had from grainger at about $90 each.
There is gunk behind the rings that is not coming out. I may have to remove the rings to do a proper job cleaning the lands.
The AENLD is now off the stand I need for sand blasting so I can get to that when ready.