Late this afternoon I pulled the carb off the tank and ran it through the ultrasonic cleaner several time. This evening I finished the job by heating water to 140F on the range and cleaning it a few more times. The pump cover was a bit difficult to remove but a razor blade did the job. The fuel pump diaphragm may be serviceable but I will replace it and keep this one for a don't care engine. The spring is flat. Only a few bits of the carb were painted yellow as you can see in the following 2 pictures
The hot water took much of the paint off. The good news is the carb to tank gasket is in nice shape and I can use it to check my electronic pattern.